Cards & abilities
We've added some new ability types to Deckbound Heroes - drain, claim, neutralize and mend. In advance of them being available on incepted cards, you can play them now with demo abilities. We have replaced about 50 of the lesser-used demo abilities. There's a full list of the new demo abilities at the bottom of these release notes.
Some of your decks may now be over the 2000-points limit. At the moment you can play them as they are, but if you edit them you will need to bring them back under 2000 points.
The ability glossary has been updated to include the new abilities:
Drain -- Reduce the health (and durability if applicable) of an item or player. Heal the caster by the total damage done.
Claim -- Take ownership of a vacant outpost.
Neutralize -- Remove the ownership of an opponent-owned outpost. Does current health in damage.
Mend -- Increase the durability of an outpost (to no more than its maximum value).
We are introducing a new term for outposts -- adjacent -- which is as it sounds, and refers to any outpost/s next to the outpost you have selected as the target. E.g. "Drain 2 health from an outpost; Drain 1 health from every healthy outpost adjacent to target."
Finally, a change to an existing ability type -- capture
Previously, capture would reduce the durability state of an outpost by one level. Capture will now do exactly the right amount of damage to an outpost in order to make you its owner. A vacant outpost will be damaged by its current health and an opponent-owned outpost will be damaged by its current health + its maximum health. The durability state could still change as a result, but you'll have to work this out for yourself!
Deckbound Heroes - game client (build 10299)
- changed: turn counter shows game turn, not round turn
- added: winning/losing a game now shows a reason (including disconnects)
- added: start of round and end of games messages to log
- added: display error message in log if game server rejects a command
- fixed: resolve issues with Steam downloader for Mac
- fixed: opponent actions not shown during opponent winning turn
- fixed: log did not show 'your turn' at start of round
- fixed: log didn't always show correct messages during outpost burnout
- fixed: 'you win' could occasionally be shown to wrong player after a disconnect
- fixed: Kraetan's Refuge could occasionally show duplicate outposts
- fixed: game log showed 'vacate' instead of 'revoke'
- fixed: 'increase durability' abilities showed no particle effect in Dulfaet’s Landing and incorrect effects in Kraetan’s Refuge and Fogaiel’s Pit.
Deckbound Heroes - game server
- fixed: occasional issue where a previous game state could be applied during a disconnect or poor connection scenario
- fixed: non-targeted 'increase health' abilities acted on destroyed outposts
New demo abilities
These abilities have been added in order to test new and existing ability types:
- Claim ownership of a distressed outpost
- Claim ownership of all healthy outposts
- Claim ownership of all outposts
- Claim ownership of all outposts if you own fewer outposts than your opponent
- Claim ownership of an outpost
- Claim ownership of an outpost with 2 or more health
- Claim ownership of every healthy outpost with 3 or more health
- Claim ownership of every outpost with 6 or less health
- Do 3 damage to your opponent. +2 if opponent owns more outposts than you
- Do 7 damage to an outpost. -4 if target is owned by your opponent
- Drain 2 health from an outpost
- Drain 2 health from an outpost; Drain 1 health from every healthy outpost adjacent to target
- Drain 2 health from an outpost. +2 if target is distressed
- Drain 2 health from an outpost. +2 if your opponent owns more outposts than you
- Drain 2 health from every opponent-owned outpost with 3 or more health
- Drain 2 health from your opponent
- Drain 3 health from a target
- Drain 3 health from a target with 5 or less health
- Drain 3 health from a target. +1 if target is your opponent
- Drain 3 health from a target. +4 if target is at full health
- Drain 3 health from all outposts if you have less health than your opponent
- Drain 3 health from an occupied outpost
- Drain 3 health from every opponent-owned outpost with 2 or more health
- Drain 4 health from a target. +3 if target is a critical outpost
- Drain 4 health from all vacant outposts
- Drain 5 health from a target. -3 if target is a critical outpost
- Drain 7 health from an outpost. -4 if target is distressed
- Drain 7 health from your opponent. -4 if you have 15 or more health
- Heal a target by 2. +3 if you have less health than your opponent
- Heal everything by 2. +4 if you have less health than your opponent
- Increase health of a target by 3. +4 if you own fewer outposts than your opponent
- Increase health of both players by 5. +1 if your opponent has more health than you
- Increase your health by 3. +4 if you have 10 or less health
- Mend all occupied outposts by 20
- Mend all of your outposts by 20
- Mend all outposts by 25
- Mend an occupied outpost by 20
- Mend an outpost by 30
- Mend one of your outposts by 25
- Neutralize a healthy outpost with 2 or more health
- Neutralize all critical outposts
- Neutralize all outposts
- Neutralize all outposts if your opponent owns more outposts than you
- Neutralize an outpost
- Neutralize every healthy outpost with 5 or more health
- Neutralize every outpost with 5 or less health
- Restore durability of all occupied outposts
- Restore durability of one of your outposts
- Restore health of a target
- Restore health of everything
- Restore your health
- Restore your health if you own exactly 1 outpost